Some basic steps:
1. Use a steamer like this, boil about 3/4 full of water.
2. This is optional - I place a wire mesh as a raised base for better/faster steaming.
3. Place a large piece of cheese cloth to hold the rice. I used a piece of baby diaper cloth instead. *brand new fresh out of shelf of course
4. Fill the tray with the soaked glutinous rice to about 3/4 full. I estimated about 1 & 1/4 kilo of rice since I divided the 5 kg of soaked rice into 4 such trays.
5. Level the surface and used a pair of chopsticks to poke some holes to make the cooking more evenly.
6. Cover the rice. *repeat the same steps for the second tray.
7. With the boiling water in the pot, place the 2 trays on top. Steam the rice for about 45 minutes over medium/high heat.